KEEP HOLDING ON

 

KEEP HOLDING ON

On Our Anniversary- 21st November, 2020



 

You were the one who agreed to hold my hand

When I’d thought there would be no one out there for me.

You accepted me as I am-

Flaws, pluses, blemishes, everything.

 

I was never going to be ready to leave my home-

But you made the process less painful.

You patiently waited till I got my mind in the right place

And my heart opened up to this stranger.

 

I could never break a coconut before I met you

I could never peel a mango too.

But I still don’t know how to cut or fillet a fish

Or to grind batters as you do.

*(Maybe I’ll learn that in the next eight years!)

 

I love reading and you start dozing

As soon as you open a book!

You love to plant and harvest,

While I love to stay in and watch a movie or two.

 

It wasn’t so easy to get adjusted to the Chilli level of your home

While you adjusted to the mild and instant cooking of my abode.

Well, as from me, you got exposed to more Continental meals

Without crossing the border too, right?

*(You just gotta suffer my experiments, ok!)

 

You needed a full time adviser and a constant critic,

And you've become the inner conscience for the shopaholic in me.

You saw me as a confidant, even though I snoop on you always;

And I got another best friend who I could share anything with.

  

I’d have never known my full potential

If I hadn’t come with you across the country.

But you just have to accept this fact now:

That I AM the BETTER half!

 

We both prefer different languages, tastes

And even lifestyles.

But somehow we’ve made a pace and pact

And it seems fine to me so far

(If you Minus the contradictory parenting differences!!).

 

Daphne was and is the best part of it all;

And for those who still long for one of their own-

We know the pain, we know the blames;

But we can tell you how God can win for us in His time!



If I say everything now,

Nothing will be left for our tomorrows.

So let me keep some for the future;

A hope for a lifetime together.

 

Each day has been a lesson,

All these eight years.

A lesson to better myself- And I hope

along the way, you've too learned a few from me. 

 

Days of Laughs, days of tears,

Days of grudges, days of fears,

Days of overwhelming gratitude

To the One who made us one.

 

He keeps us going, even

When we don’t see the end of the tunnel.

So let’s keep holding on, we two in 7.8 billion,

And live this thing called LIFE together.



I know you never and won’t buy me anything today,

(Other than the usual groceries and house supplies!)

However much I keep buying and baking for you.

So this time it’s just this Rhyme (which doesn’t actually rhyme!)-

A special something to keep reading forever.

 

 

With love- always...

-Remya

Comments

  1. Amazing blogging kochamma! !May God strengthen each other and live longer together

    ReplyDelete
  2. So well written, Remya, loved it, God bless you further on to pen down your thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as ur thots remya. May God Almighty strengthen the bond between both of u

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

O TSA, the Beautiful...

The Bethel on Earth

A NEW STAR IN THE NIGHTSKY