BEING ME

The roles in my life
Define my very being
The roles which I do everyday
With pleasure and courtesy.

I love my roles that came to me
By His divine will.
I try to 'enact' each role
Assigned to me in this 'Drama' of life.

I try not to put a mask
Or to hide the real me with make up-
I try to be genuine and kind,
Faithful and righteous, each passing day.

'Being me' is not easy
Or for you to be 'You'-
If you focus on being just YOU
You can surely be content each day.

I love being a daughter-
To my parents on both sides
May not be the best correspondent,
But they know I'm mindful of them
And what they have done and do for me.

My sister role has been the easiest, you know-
Having a younger brother
Who always tries to hijack my birthright-
Oh, I'm just kidding, bro-
But still, I am the best!

Friends have always been my stronghold-
Having friends from each level of my life-
Hanging on to them, even after decades,
Remembering their special days and
Reminding them of the good old past.
I can't tell myself if I've been a good friend-
You'd have to ask them yourselves!

A decade ago I became a wife-
To marry a priest means your role is doubled-
Ain't possible to be there for your husband always
Nor for the parishioners too.
God knows I try-and ten years down the road
Has certainly changed me for good-
With help and nudge from my dear spouse.

My Daphne made me a Mother figure-
Something I thought I was never cut out for-
As I was always scared to hold babies.
But she moulded me, day by day-
To become a MOM she now in turn craves to follow.


Next up is the one role I dreamt about
For years and years- and strived to attain.
There was a time I doubted myself-
Whether a shy girl like me
Could ever handle a class full of kids!
God surely had that planned out
And continues to grant me chances to instil and illuminate.

Everyone has their own roles to play

Roles that keep the human world intact
and make sure our fabric don't tear-
We all have to be as authentic as possible
At our homes, workplace, or school-
Gotta take care of those around us too.

I can't choose a favourite role
If you ask me today.
But there are times when 24 hours or 365 days
Seems insufficient for me to reach out
And give attention round the clock.

Humans are no robots, but I guess
God made women with a different mettle.
Somehow 'being me' is not that bad
I know I am loved, and I try to be aware of where I should be.
'Being me' is not easy, but I love to, whatsoever.


Remya Rachel Thomas 




Comments

  1. Explained the situation in the most beautiful way. Carry on 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

O TSA, the Beautiful...

The Bethel on Earth

A NEW STAR IN THE NIGHTSKY