MUDDY PUDDLES




Jumping in those puddles

Every Monsoon day, on the way back home

Was such a worrisome delight as those socks 

Were going straight to the washing machine. 


My mom wouldn't enrage back then

Once she saw those spots of mud 

On my dress or shoes either as

I would have to wash them myself anyways.


Splashing into each pool of rainwater

Was a symbol of freedom, 

A sign of nature’s blessings- the rain and

The fresh free air around. 


Today, puddles seem to me 

As a burden- a bother- you know-

My dress gets dirty- 

I don't like to wash extra now!


But it's nice to have a little me

To remind me the past carefree days-

My girl who loves to splish splosh into

Muddy puddles just like Peppa and George. 


May God bless the hearts of little children

Who can freely jump into them pools

God, please take care of those kids in this evil world,

Who are barred from being just kids. 


-Remya Rachel Thomas


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O TSA, the Beautiful...

The Bethel on Earth

A NEW STAR IN THE NIGHTSKY