My Lustre Lady








I’ve never written about her
Maybe because I was shy.
She is the ultimatum of LOVE
With all its fullness of hugs and hits;
Sacrifices and services for all
Prayers of goodwill and joy.

Strong as a lion, firm as a pillar,
Soft as a feather, but tears never shown.
Her feet have failed her,
But she pulled them down to the ground again.
Her hands have comforted and cured many;
But they are eventually on my shoulders too.

Life was never easy for her,
Striving through all those storms and tides of reality.
She can tell you a tale or two,
Of how to survive when your young parent dies.

She chose to be an angel for the invalid,
Where the world’s worst pains and sicknesses arrive.
She even taught many to follow behind.
Today, she is giving much more
To the most terminal and tensed of all.

She has been my caretaker, all these years,
My best friend and confidante.
She showed us all how to put God first,
And continues to make sure we do too.

Her electrifying laugh catches your attention
Even from all the way down the hall.
Her home has always been open
Even when she could barely get up from bed.

Oh yes, she is strict, she is stern.
She can yell and she can instruct.
Isn’t that what teachers also do?
Is that what she is?

I can keep filling the pages of this book
And talk about my life-giver.
She claims to have seen heaven;
Now, wouldn’t you want to hear about that too?

Daphne sure got her love for animals;
Her caring mind and selfless heart.
I doubt if I could ever be like her,
As she is one golden personality,
Precious and lustrous, forever mine.


Dedicated to my dear Mom 💖
Her pet name 'Ponnu' means 'lustre' too 

Written by: Remya Rachel Thomas


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O TSA, the Beautiful...

The Bethel on Earth

A NEW STAR IN THE NIGHTSKY