THE SAINT IN MY LIFE


Dedicated to my Alma Mater- Mar Thoma Residential School 
Published in the 40th edition of Spectrum in 2015

Remya Rachel Thomas
ISC 2003
Department of English 2010-2012

If I were to think of you as a person
I would have made you my best friend.
If I could have seen you
I would have given you my best smile.
If I could have heard you
I would have listened to all your worries and joys.
If I could have touched you
I would have hugged you every day morning and evening.

If you were my best friend you would have known
How much you mean to me,
How much you have moulded me,
How much you cared for me.
You have given me music,
You have given me love,
You have given me tears,
You have given me my pupils.

I have never spent more time with anybody else-
Other than my folks at home.
Even they have complained
How much I spent time with you more;
For you have been there for me
Even when I left you.
You will always be there
Whenever I come back to you too.

But alas! It is not so,
For you are just a building;
Yet a building that lives in the hearts of thousands.
You are our Alma Mater;
The ultimate teacher who taught us to fly high;
The Academy of ABCs and 123s of life
For innumerable in the past
And many more in the future.

What you gave me in just eight years
Can never be refunded.
Two years I tried my best to repay
But I could have never reached your magnitude.
I have taken something with me though
To spread wherever I go:
TRUTH, LOVE, SERVICE:
The everlasting gifts from my MTRS;
The one and only Saint in my life.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

O TSA, the Beautiful...

The Bethel on Earth

A NEW STAR IN THE NIGHTSKY